Taco Mac Salad is one of our favorite salads, if not meals. I have remade this as a healthy fats meal before using dreamfields pasta. But since this is a favorite meal, I looked for a way to make this without using that pasta.
The next solution I had was to use brown rice pasta or brown rice & quinoa pasta. You could use any alternative pasta like lentil, black bean, chickpea, or other such pasta. This night we used brown rice pasta from WinCo.
I took about a pounds worth of thawed boneless skinless chicken bread and put it in the food processor. I then ground it up, cooked it in a fry pan, and seasoned it with taco seasoning.
Meanwhile, I boiled the pasta and chopped up some vegetables. It’s important to measure the pasta so as not to overdo the carbs.
Tear the lettuce and chop the green pepper. I serve the diced tomatoes separately because the kids don’t like them. Drain, rinse, and heat up a can of black beans (it can be added to the meat).
If you used a low enough carb pasta, you can probably add a tostada to it.
I hope you like it as much as we do.
- brown rice pasta (or other alternative pasta, such as brown rice & quinoa, black bean, chickpea, lentil, etc)
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- green pepper
- low fat mozzarella cheese stick
- fat free yogurt or fat free/low fat sour cream
- taco seasoning (chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper)
- black beans, drained and rinsed
- tostada (corn, lime treated) optional
- process chicken breast into ground chicken in a food processor
- cook chicken and add taco seasoning
- boil pasta
- chop veggies
- add beans to meat
- add meat, beans, and drained pasta to the chopped veggies
- serve with toppings desired
Until next time, God bless,