This is a lot like the filling I put in my Egg Rolls with ground meat instead of chicken breast. Since it is not in a wrapper, it is low carb.
I got this recipe from peaceloveandlowcarb.com recently and I loved it. We’ve made it a few times already and I still really like it. It is also really easy to make. Much easier to make than egg rolls, too.
Start by heating sesame oil in a large skillet.
Cook meat through. Then add the sliced cabbage (or package of coleslaw). I add one shredded medium carrot to my sliced cabbage because that is what is in a package of coleslaw veggies. You don’t have to if you don’t want to, it’ll be less carbs without it.Add the Tamari sauce or soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. I don’t have rice wine vinegar so I use the seasoned rice vinegar I do have.
Serve with sliced green onion tops and toasted sesame seeds.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 14 ounces sliced cabbage with grated carrot or coleslaw package
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or vinegar of your choice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet.
- Add diced onion, minced garlic, and sliced green onion (white part)
- Sauté until onion is translucent
- Add ground meat, ground ginger, salt, pepper, and sriracha.
- When meat is cooked through, add cabbage (with the carrot), tamari or soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Sauté until the cabbage is wilted.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onion (green part).
Until next time, God bless,
Michele ºÜºBe the first to like this page . . . click the heart.