An easy appetizer with a few simple ingredients. It’s gluten-free and keto.
I remember having sausage balls at parties. I only made them once or twice quite a few years ago and that was with Bisquick. I recently came across this recipe over on KetoSizeMe for sausage balls that are gluten-free and legal for keto and I realized what a perfect snack these are.
You simply combine all the ingredients and drop on a cookie sheet and bake at 350º for 16-20 minutes.
Believe it or not, the sausage is down in that bowl.
I use a cookie dropper to make short work of forming the balls.
I made these with turkey sausage.
Put them in the oven on 350º for 16-20 minutes.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form balls and place on cookie sheet
- Bake 16-20 minutes
Until next tie, God bless,
Craving the taste of pizza but shouldn’t have all that bread? Then this is your answer
Years ago I did the HcG diet and the Atkins diet. Both are low carb diets; well, the HcG diet is low carb on one of its phases. Anyway, I found this wonderful recipe back then. On low carb, you cannot have bread and that leaves pizza out of my diet, which just does not work for me long term. I love pizza! So this helps fill that void.
The original recipe calls for one pound of bulk Italian sausage. Well, today I didn’t have that but I had some Italian link sausages filled with peppers and mozzarella cheese. So, that is what I used.
I like my veggies well done. Consequently I start by dicing and sauteing those first. Then I add the meat, to brown. Sometimes I have to add a bit of coconut oil to keep it from sticking to my pan (since my cast iron skillets are a bit abused )
While the meat is cooking, combine the heavy whipping cream, eggs, tomato sauce, and seasonings.
When the meat is browned, add pepperoni and cubed cheese.
Pour egg mixture over veggies, meat, and cheese.
Bake at 350º for 45-55 minutes until nicely browned and knife inserted in the center comes out nearly clean.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 4-8 ounces fresh mushrooms, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (or basil or Italian seasoning)
- 3 1/2 ounces pepperoni, chopped (I used turkey pepperoni)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (1 ounce)
- 8 ounces cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- Saute veggies
- Add sausage and brown.
- Combine cream, eggs, tomato sauce, and seasonings
- Add chopped pepperoni and cheese to pan
- Pour egg mixture over veggies, meat, and cheese
- Bake at 350º for 45-55 minutes
Until next time, God bless,