There are some people that either don’t like eggs or can’t eat eggs, which makes having a THM-S (healthy fats) for breakfast a bit more difficult, at least at first look. So, I thought I’d round up some of those yummy S breakfast ideas.
- We like to cook up some sausage with onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Sometimes we add some egg but this is not necessary. You can also add other non-starchy veggies like zucchini, spinach, or even radish.
- We love pancakes and make them many different ways for all fuel types. Now these usually have eggs or egg whites.
- We also love Baked Bacon!!! Yum Yum! This can be enjoyed all by itself or you can add a muffin (remember to keep it a THM-S muffin, so you don’t have a crossover, unless that is what you are needing to have). You could also do turkey bacon, it just isn’t as yummy.
From the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook there are:
Single Serve Recipes-
- bring on da buttah pancakes pg 262
- welcome back waffles pg 263
- chocolate waffles with strawberries pg 265
- french toast in a bowl pg 266
- many muffin pg 275-279
- DONUTS pg 268-260
- various muffins
From Trim Healthy Table there are:
- chocolate chip pancakes pg 341*
- cinnamon sugar toast (special bread) pg 358
- wwbb french toast pg 360
- no-bake breakfast cheesecakes pg 334
- blender freezer waffles pg 336
- cinnamon pecan baked pancakes pg 338*
- sausage and cheese breakfast biscuits pg 360
- various muffins and cakes
- cinnamon butter bundt cake pg 380*
- cini-minis pg 436
- beauty blend cereal pg 509
- can-do cereal pg 347
- pint jar chia pg 352
- cream of treat hot porridge pg 353
If you can do it, there are a number of shakes that you could drink for breakfast. We are not ones that like to drink our breakfast.
I also LOVE leftovers, so any S dinner you had can be eaten for an S breakfast the next morning.
If you like yogurt, some Greek yogurt with some nuts, berries, and such would be good. If you need to be cautious about dairy, try no gurt (Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook pg 342-343)
If you like(d) to eat protein bars for breakfast, you could try:
Trim Healthy Table-
- happy bites pg 427
- chocolate chip peanut butter cookie bars pg 429 (be sure to add some collagen to your coffee or tea for the extra protein you need)
- chocolate berry boost bars pg 431
I hope this gives you enough ideas to give you some help with having nice healthy fats for breakfast.
Until next time, God bless,