Creamy, cheesy chicken cooked with onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
When I was in my early twenties, I worked at a pizza and sub shop. I love pizza but when I worked there I realized that I also loved sub sandwiches. Specifically Philly cheese steak sandwiches. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I also really liked Italian hoagies and hot ham and cheese subs too. Most every time I worked, instead of getting a small pan pizza, I got a Philly Cheese Steak.
Early in my marriage, I found Steak-Umm steaks and figured out how to make them at home. Yummo! Well, Michael cannot have steak currently, so I decided that I’d try to make this over with chicken. We all loved it.
Without further adieu, here’s how to do it.
Slice the veggies and chicken into thin strips.
Add the cream cheese (or Greek cream cheese) and stir to combine until cream cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- onion, sliced
- green bell pepper, sliced
- mushrooms, sliced
- chicken breast, sliced thin
- salt, pepper, and oregano
- about 2 ounces of cream cheese, neufchatel, or greek cream cheese
- about 3-4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- Slice veggies and sauté in a bit of oil.
- Add sliced chicken when veggies are nearly cooked as desired.
- sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano to taste
- add cream cheese, mix in and allow it to melt.
- sprinkle with shredded mozzarella
- Serve either in low carb roll, on low carb bread, or just eat off your plate. 😉
I hope you enjoy this.
Until next time, God bless,