Cool summer dessert made with ice cream, Oreos, whipped cream, and chocolate . . . a family favorite.
Well, I finally remembered to take pictures while making this yummy refreshing dessert! Brian and Lauren were able to come out for his birthday dinner last week and this was the dessert he wanted. It is the same one I fixed for Tiffany except that she had chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla bean. Needless to say, hers was much more rich.
The first thing you need for this super easy recipe is a package of OREOS! These are my favorite store bought cookie, so of course I buy the Family Package.
Next you melt the butter but don’t boil it; just melt it.
Next pour the chocolate syrup (or fudge) over all and spread.
Next spread the thawed whipped cream, evenly on top of the chocolate.
Cover with foil and freeze. (You may want to take it out of the freezer 10 minutes or so before serving for easy of cutting.) Sprinkle with remaining crumbs before serving.
- 30 Oreos
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce or Hershey's can syrup
- 1/2 gallon ice cream
- 9 oz Cool Whip
- Melt butter.
- Crush cookies.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Put half on bottom of 9x13 pan and pat down.
- Slice ice cream and lay on top of cookie crust.
- Spread chocolate over top ice cream.
- Spread thawed whipped topping over chocolate.
- Cover and freeze.
- Before serving sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top.
I hope you enjoy the sweet refreshing treat!
Until next time, God bless,
Be the first to like this page . . . click the heart.