It has been blazing hot here in sunny Oklahoma recently! I like light desserts when it is hot. So I’ve turned to puddings.
When I first tried things with glucomannan (or gluccie (pronounced with the k sound not the s sound), as referred to in THM), I did not like it at all. But over the couple of years that we have been following the Trim Healthy Mama eating lifestyle I have grown to the point that I now really enjoy it, especially in a pudding!
This recipe is done completely in the blender.
- 4 cups liquid (water, almond milk, any combination I use 2 cups water, 2 cups almond milk)
- Juice of 2-3 lemons (or 4-7 tablespoons bottled lemon juice)
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 heaping Tablespoons THM Super Sweet or 1 scant cup sukrin melis (measures 1:1 with sugar)
- slightly heaped tablespoon of glucomannan
- Put all ingredients except glucomannan in the blender and begin to blend.
- While the blender is running, add the glucomannan and blend for 2 minutes
- Rest for a minute or so
- Blend for about another 2 minutes
Enjoy! I like to chill mine before I eat it so it is super refreshing.