I mentioned Monday that I’d started crocheting again. Tiffany has started using a bar soap in the shower because she has found she needs to stay away from parabens and sulfates, as they have started making her skin itchy. The bar we found that is clean of these is Yardley. Her new shower puff (loofah) came apart with the first use. I have some nice crochet cotton for dishcloths in my yarn stash, so I decided I should make her this soap saver.
I’ve made this twice before, once with scrap yarn I had about, which was too rough, and again using the cotton yarn recommended. I still use the second one I made.
I made three this time, one for Tiffany, one for Sean, and another one for me, so that I can occasionally make sure it is clean.
It’s a nice quick little project. If you are new to crochet, this is an easy project.
I’m new to knitting and have made one scarf for my hubby years ago and dishcloths. I saw this cool dishcloth online and started it over a year ago, well maybe even 18 months or more now. I got about halfway done with it before I put it down. Well, after making those three soap savers I decided I wanted to finish off the dishcloth.
When I started it, I didn’t have a solid color of the cotton yarn. So I used a variegated red to white yarn hoping it would still work okay.
You can almost make out the hearts but the variegation makes it really difficult to see them and all the work I did to make them happen.
Here is another picture that you can see it a bit better.
It’s not perfect but it is nice. I will make it again with a solid color. She has some other designs on her website that I’m wanting to try. There is a pumpkin one somewhere that I hope I have enough yarn to make next.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my little diversion from lineart into practical yarn art. I like doing things with my hands and keeping busy.
Until next time, God bless,