This recipe is one VERY simple quick meal to make, unless you add egg rolls to it, which will take a bit longer to make. If your meat is thawed, it can be done in just a few minutes. How long it takes depends on how quickly you can brown meat and make rice.
Brown your ground meat in the sesame oil; I use ground turkey. I sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the meat as it browns.
Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl: brown sugar, soy sauce, ground ginger, and crushed red peppers.
When meat is browned, drain any fat and add the sauce. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors.
Serve over rice and top with chopped green onions. Normally I’m not a fan of green onions, but I did give it a try on this and found it really added to the flavor.
- 1 lb. ground meat (I use ground turkey)
- garlic powder (or 3 cloves of garlic, minced)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers (use more if you prefer spicy food)
- diced green onions
- Brown ground meat in sesame oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- When meat is all browned, remove fat as necessary. (With my ground turkey I don't have enough to bother removing and I buy the cheap turkey from Aldi.)
- Add in the sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors.
- Serve over cooked rice and with green onions.