This is the first time I’ve made this with regular cocoa as opposed to special dark cocoa. I found that like it better with the special dark but then I have come to prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate over the last year or so.
This recipe is super simple! For one serving, bring 2/3 cup water to boil in a saucepan on the stove. I use high heat because I’m impatient.
When the water has come to a boil, add 1/3 cup of oats and stir, then lay a wooden spoon across the top of the pan. When it comes back to a boil, reduce the heat some, depends on how impatient you are. (The wooden spoon will keep it from boiling over in case you didn’t turn it down far enough.) But if you are impatient and leave the heat up a bit higher, keep an eye on it because it can burn easily. Yes, I know this from experience.
As soon as the water is gone, turn it off.
Now add 3/4 – 1 teaspoon cocoa. I found out today that I prefer it with Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa instead of regular. I think the special dark cocoa gives it a fuller chocolate taste.
I like my oatmeal on the sweeter side. I added 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of light brown sugar and a few walnuts.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons walnuts
- Boil water in a small saucepan.
- Add oats, stir with wooden spoon and place spoon across top of the saucepan.
- When it returns to a boil, reduce heat and cook until water is all gone. This won't take but a couple of minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, and eat. 🙂
Until next time, God bless,
Michele ºÜºBe the first to like this page . . . click the heart.