This week I decided to use another of the tiles that I made from the practice of my distress stains. The colors are a bit dark, so I wasn’t sure how it would turn out.I used Ian McDowell’s Tangle Library app based on Sandy Bartholomew’s tangle cards to decide what tangles to use. I picked Annee, the middle tangle, from it.
Then I remembered I had Eni Oken’s Art Raffle app too. So I opened it and raffled away. Echo Lines showed up on one raffle and Quabog on another. I’d already thought about using Quabog and then it came up on the raffle, so I went with it (or at least part of it, as I didn’t do the upside down part).
Here is the tile after tangling, first the scan and then the picture out in natural light.
At this point I wasn’t sure what to do. I got out my prismacolors and used them to add some shading. I ended up adding a brownish red color too, other than the yellows and greens. All I did to Quabog was add some white ink for highlight, although I did thicken the right side of each one just a bit, as Maria had mentioned in a project pack (spinner). I also added some white pencil to the echo lines but I think I did it too early and too scratchy but it is what it is.
Here is the finished tile, first the scan and then the one taken outside in the natural but overcast light.
I’d love any pointers you can give me for working with color and “shading”.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great week.
Until next time, God bless,