Alice provided us with about five strings including a zenbutton template. I drew them all out but only got two done. But hey, I got two done this week, instead of my usual one tile. She said to use any of the tangles we have already covered or any we want to include. I stuck with ones we’ve done so far in the 8 weeks of this project.
I did intend to try my hand at a zenbutton but the week got away from me before I got around to doing it. So, maybe I’ll do that in a future week. I currently have three webpages open in my browser with fragments and reticula to use on one.
I’m looking forward to putting my new routine into practice this week. I’ve glance at the tangles for week nine but have since forgotten them. I’ll get organized later today and do a step-out for one new-to-me tangle.
Any way, here is a scan of the first tile I did. I used Nipa, Echoism, Florz, and Cubine.
I forgot to take a picture of the string. So I marked the string in red on this one.
As you can see, I carried Nipa and Florz over into a second section of the string and opted to leave four sections empty. I didn’t want it to get too busy. Here is the picture in beautiful sunshine. (It’s nice to have sunshine again.)
Here is the other tile I did: scan, string, and then natural light. I used Xircus (or the idea of Xircus), Hollibaugh, and Festune.
The borders on this one were really different. I liked it. Then the string was loopy, which I also liked.I know it isn’t exactly Xircus and there is probably a tangle that it is more like but Xircus is what inspired me. I don’t think it is important to have a specific name to each piece of my tile.
Here are the finished tiles, first the scans and then the ones taken outside in the sunshine . . . I’m so thankful for shading.
I’m participating in the prompt (# TTKICPROMPT112519 )from Today’s Tangles: Keeping it Classic facebook group again this week. The instructions were to do the four corner dots and border lines then to draw lazy s shapes from the center.
From the list of tangles to choose from I first selected Nipa. I really like Nipa and don’t use it often enough, so I was happy to play with this one. Next I picked Rain for it’s big contrast; this is another tangle I don’t use very often but because I am not that great at auras, it is not a favorite but I do like it.
After that I Ahh was my choice and I had my eye on Zinger too; so I incorporated them both. Then Eke and Echoism caught my eye. I find them to be very similar yet completely different. At first I thought I’d only add one of them but opted to add them both. I think this time around I like Eke better as it reminds me of a strand of Christmas lights.
So here is my tile, scanned, before shading.
And here is a picture taken outside in natural light, although it looks a bit overcast but it really wasn’t. Odd.
And here is the scan after I shaded it.
And now pictures taken inside because it got dark before I got around to photographing it.
I hope you like the tile. It was a fun one to do. I’m hoping to do some painting this holiday weekend. I don’t know if I’ll do the next episode of Bob Ross or redo the black one. I really want to have a good black one but I’m not sure I can accomplish it using the acrylics. I may try to do a smaller one; I just don’t know.
Any way, if you are in the USA, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and if not, I hope you have a great weekend. We’ll be celebrating with family, which is always a good time.
Until next time,