I like to keep Steak-Umms on hand for a quick beef meal for me. I know it isn’t the best but the only ingredient is Beef, so I feel safe eating them. They are a bit fatty but then I don’t need any extra fat on my salad.
I start by cutting up some onion, pepper, and mushrooms. Then I begin to cook them in a skillet with just a tiny bit of coconut oil to keep them from sticking. I used two baby bella mushrooms, and about a 1/4 cup or maybe a bit more of each diced bell pepper and onion. I read yesterday in the new Trim Healthy Future cookbook how good bell peppers are for you, so I was sure to include them this time (I don’t always do so).
When these are nearly done to my liking I break up a portion of Steak-Umm and cook it with it.
This only takes a short time to cook. Season with salt, pepper, and a bit of oregano or any other seasonings you like. Get your salad ready. I washed about 4 or 5 leaves of lettuce and tore them up onto my salad plate.
When the beef is cooked, pour it all over your salad. Time to enjoy!
Super simple and super yummy. I added some nutritional yeast when I ate it. You can add some shredded cheese if you like.
- about 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- about 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced/chopped
- about 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or oil of choosing)
- 1 portion steak-umm
- 4-5 leaves of lettuce, washed and torn
- dashes of each salt, pepper, and oregano
- Cook the veggies in a skillet with the oil until nearly done as desired.
- Break apart one Steak-Umm portion and add to the skillet.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano or other seasonings as desired.
- Place lettuce on salad plate or in bowl and top with the cooked meat and veggies.
I hope you enjoy this quick hot salad.
Until next time, God bless,