I started with a very simple string. I chose not to go with a pumpkin shape per se, just a circular one and that not even complete.
The next decision was what tangles to use. I toyed with Opus or Finery for the left section after looking through my Tangle Library app and my 2014 Tangle Guide from Tanglepatterns.com but I settle on Zander. Well, according to the Tangle Library app it is a variation of Zander. I think that when I drew it, I should have done the sparkle more to the right side than the center where I did. Oh well. I’ll get that realistic shading thing down eventually.
Then for the circular shape I didn’t want anything too busy. I settled on Dyon without much flourish. Here is the tile before shading.
As you can see, I’m not very good with tangles that have a sparkle in them. I never cared for Yincut very much because I had always seen it with a sparkle enhancement and it just never looked quite right to me. When I realized I could draw it without the sparkle, I liked it a whole lot better. I have a feeling I may feel the same about Zander without the sparkle embellishment.
And here is the finished tile.
Until next time, God bless,