Mmmmm, mmmmm! Homemade brownies . . . from scratch, not a box.
This has been my go-to brownie recipe for years and years! I tend to under bake them a bit so that they are fudgey, not cakey.
First combine the cocoa, baking soda, and 1/3 cup of oil. This is how it looks now.
This next step always amazes me. Add 1/2 cup of boiling water.
Keep stirring . . .
Now it is thickened, like magic!
At this point you add in the other 1/3 cup of oil, sugar, and eggs and stir. Then add the flour, vanilla, and salt. Then pour into greased pan.
I used to make this in a 13×9 pan but that makes the brownies a bit thinner and we’d each eat two anyway. So now I make it in a 9×9 pan and they turn out thicker, like this.
- 3/4 cup Hershey Cocoa (I don't care for these made with any other)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine cocoa, baking soda, and 1/3 cup oil.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir until it thickens.
- Add sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup oil and stir.
- Add in the flour, salt, and vanilla and combine.
- Pour into lightly greased pan.
- Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes if in a 9x9 pan or 25-35 minutes if in 13x9 pan.
- If you wait to remove it from the oven when there is no batter left on the toothpick when checking it, you will have cakey brownies instead of fudgey brownies. Check 5 minutes early and keep checking until desired doneness.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.
Until next time, God bless,
2 thoughts on “Brownies!!!”
Comes out perfect every time
Thanks sis! At the least, they are yummy every time.