Chicken with cheese, wrapped up in bacon! Yummo!
This deliciousness is excellent for those on a keto or low-carb diet but it is not great for those on a calorie-restricted diet. I found it when I was on phase three of the hCg diet. However, when I decided I needed to watch my calories, this meal became taboo. But since being on the ketogenic diet, I have revived this awesome recipe.
I see on my print recipe copy that I got it from this website. She has lots of ideas for other ‘fillings’ in this chicken that I may yet have to try.
Here’s what I did. I started with a generous one pound chicken breast and sliced it about half both horizontally and vertically to get individual portions. Next lay down about three slices of bacon, side-by-side in one direction and then two in the other direction.
Bake at 400º for 45 minutes. Check it around 30 minutes and turn over to brown/crisp the bottom side.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pound thin bacon, about 5 slices per serving, about 20 total
- garlic salt
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Cut cut your breast into 4 pieces and pound a little, between parchment paper or such to thin it evenly.
- Lay down three thin strips of bacon side by side and then two slices in the other direction.
- Lay the chicken on top.
- Add a little cream cheese, garlic salt, and cheddar cheese.
- Fold over the two strips.
- Then fold/roll the chicken on the three strips of bacon.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake 400º for 45 minutes. Flip chicken when top is crispy to crispy the bottom bacon.
I hope you enjoy this one, if you try it.
Until next time, God bless,