Although there is no Diva Challenge this week, I am adding to the bookmark I made and shared last week. I decided that something needed to be done to the white back of the bookmark. I went with Steps. You may remember that I played with steps a few weeks ago. Lauren saw it and said she liked it, so I thought I’d used that tangle on the back.
Well, when I finished I knew I didn’t want to add anything more but it needed something else. So, I blackened the background. Of course, first I put an aura around the steps. Then I proceeded to color in the background. I ran into another problem. The microns I’ve been using have been used for a long time. I store them on their side in a bin and that seems to have extended their life. But as I colored in the background I started feeling like I was running out of ink. It got sketchier and scratchier as I filled it in. I switched from 08 to another 08 I had, then to an 05 and even an 03. I finally had to pull out the 08 from the new set I’ve had sitting around, waiting to be used. By the time I finally finished the background, even that 08 was feeling a bit scratchy. Ugh! If I am going to do much blackening, I’m going to have to get some other kind of pen/marker.
When I finished it all, Mike said it needed something else, that there was too much black. So I put one henna drum on the biggest blackened area. I think it works.
I didn’t get it scanned in straight and tried to rectify it in another program but it doesn’t look like I cropped it close enough nor got it completely straightened either. Oh well, I think you can get the idea of what it looks like.
As a reminder, here is the other side.
Until next time, God bless, and Merry Christmas,