This week’s recipe is really kind of a cheat for me. It is really just my Chicken Fajitas without the chicken. But it was really more different than I intended because we were out of balsamic vinegar, so I just used a tiny bit of Italian dressing instead.
So here it is . . .
Slice your vegetables of choice, into sizes you prefer. I like long thin slices of different colored peppers, long thin slices of onion, and slices of mushrooms. Tiffany likes broccoli and carrot, so at the end I quickly cooked up some for her.
Heat a skillet with a drizzle of oil. I used olive oil today.
Cook them until desired doneness. We like ours very done!
Fry up or simply heat up some tortillas. We like to quickly fry ours in coconut oil. I like small corn tortillas, Tiffany and Sean like whole wheat flour tortillas, and Mike likes both.
Tonight I shredded some colby-jack and pepper jack cheeses, cut up an avocado, and put out some sour cream. And that was that!
- 1/3-1/2 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/3 -1/2 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/3 - 1/2 yellow or orange pepper, sliced thinly
- about 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- one large onion, sliced in half, pole-to-pole, and then in thin slices, pole-to-pole
- about 6-7 broccoli florets, chopped
- about 1 small carrot, shredded or julienned
- basil, oregano, salt
- oil of your choosing
- tortillas of your choosing
- shredded cheese, about 8 ounces or so
- avocado, if desired
- sour cream, if desired
- Prepare your veggies.
- Heat skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the veggies and sprinkle with salt, basil, and oregano.
- Cook until desired doneness. We don't like any crunch left in our veggies. 😉
- Heat all tortillas either in microwave or individually heat them quickly over the flame of a gas burner, turning each with some tongs, or quickly frying them individually in a few tablespoons of heated oil, draining on paper towels.
- Place tortilla on your plate and add toppings as desired. Fold and eat!
Until next time, God bless,