Valentine’s Day Card

iamthedivacztToday’s Diva Challenge is to make a Valentine’s Day card and to give it to someone. Well, this fits in my lifestyle very well because I have been making Michael’s cards for the last many years. He prefers handmade cards, so that is what I give him.

Since this is to be a gift to Michael, I didn’t want to combine it with any other challenge or focus, although I could have. Last week, pattern-collections put together a page of heart patterns. I tried tanglepatterns.com too but the tangles by type for hearts wasn’t working at the time.

I also saw a video by silmeboth on how to make a Valentine card. She used Valenty, which I really liked, so decided to give it a whirl.

I decided to make Valenty the focal point of the front of my card and would write on the inside. Thus I only needed a little flourish inside. (I really wanted that word to be spelled fleurish but apparently it is not, but I think it should be because little scrolls, lines, and swirls look much more elegant than flour but I digress. ;) )

For the little flourish inside, I decided on Knot, to which I added the little black line hearts that were in silmeboth’s video about halfway into it. I liked it’s simplicity and cuteness.

I added a bit of shading and a message to my love on the upper inside portion of the card. Then I thought I’d get all creative and add just a touch of red with my distress inks and spread it with my waterbrush. I put two coats on before I decided to scan the card for this post. And that’s when I saw it! the water had caused the splash of red to bleed through to the outside/front of my card!!!! Now, I’m able to clean it up to show it to you the way it was but I’m going to have to come up with another solution for the real thing. Unfortunately, I think that a white gel pen or white-out is going to be brighter than the card white. Ugh! Oh well, it’s really appropriate for our lives together anyway . . . we have imperfections but our love is strong. :)

Here is the outside before fixing it. Oh, I scan in grayscale, so it isn’t showing its full horror either. ;)

Valentine Card ~ Lifeofjoy.meHere’s how it was before bleeding.

Valentine Card ~ Lifeofjoy.meAnd the inside.

Valentine Card ~ Lifeofjoy.meHmmm, looking at the word roots right now, I’m wondering if I should put a smile or lips under the oo’s. :D

If I manage to get tile done for the Square One: Purely Zentangle focus or Shading Zentangle focus this week, I’ll add it here. I was in a bit of a hurry to get this done, so I even forgot to take scans of the work in progress.

I appreciate all the kind comments submitted last week! You all are so wonderful! Thanks, you boost my confidence.

UPDATE: I just thought I’d let you know that I used white out and covered up the red on the front. It had to do. ;)

Fixed Valentine ~ Lifeofjoy.me

I hope you have a wonderful day and a blessed week.

Until next time, God bless,

Michele ºÜº

Save

Save

1

6 thoughts on “Valentine’s Day Card

  1. I’m always having these kinds of “disasters” so I’m used to coming up with solutions. I would make several red hearts in different sizes and glue them on the front over the oopses! I’m sure you’ve already given it though and I’m also sure that it was loved as it was!

  2. Wonderful card. I love the heart mandala effect. I too have these types of ” oopsies “. I’ve done everything from making additional oopsies to make it look like it was planned, to blackening it all over, then tangling over top, to adding stickers. :)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Afiseaza emoticoanele Locco.Ro