A creamy, cheesy, chicken dish with spinach. You could serve this over pasta of some kind or zoodles, if you desire but we just eat it the way it is. Good served with broccoli, to share some of that yummy sauce.
Well, Tiffany and I dropped the ball yesterday. I was working on my dad’s final dessert completing his Christmas present from last year, so Tiffany began working on dinner, which was this recipe. Well, since I was dealing with a bad recipe, I didn’t remind her to take pictures. Then when I finished what I was doing and helped prep the ingredients she needed, I was so frustrated with my recipe flop that I didn’t even think about the pictures again.
So, she finished layering the ingredients and put it in the oven and that is when I remembered. Crazy! Consequently I tried to figure out something else I could share but I just couldn’t come up with anything else. Thus I’m sharing this recipe without procedural pictures. Sorry guys!
First you cut up the chicken into bite-size pieces and cook in a skillet with a little bit of oil.
Next prepare the alfredo sauce. Melt one tablespoon of butter in a pot and add a clove of garlic, minced, cooking for about 30 seconds or so.
Then add one and a half cups of heavy cream and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Then add 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese and 2 ounces of cream cheese.
Combine well. Simmer the sauce on low for about 10-15 minutes. This is important because the sauce will thicken during this time.
Meanwhile, prep remaining ingredients (I don’t have all of the spinach pictured here.)
Preheat the oven to 350º.
Add the chicken to the sauce.
Now it’s time to layer it into a 9×9 or similar pan. (Pictures show an 8×11 pan.)
spinach, which we like to give a rough chop,
And repeat chicken sauce, spinach, mozzarella, parmesan.
Bake for about 20 minutes, uncovered. Can broil for a few minutes to brown the top a bit at the end.
Let it stand for about 10 minutes, if you can, and the cheese will stiffen up a bit and make it easier to serve and look less like soup. As you can tell in this picture, we didn’t wait.
Chicken Lasagna Florentine
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups spinach, I slice mine into ribbons
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces and brown in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Melt butter in pot and saute garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add heavy whipping cream and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Whisk to combine.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes on low to allow the sauce to thicken up a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Add chicken to sauce.
- Layer ingredients into 9x9 pan:
- chicken sauce, spinach, mozzarella
- chicken sauce, spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- (Can broil for a few minutes at the end to brown the top a bit.)
- Let sit for a few minutes when it is finished to allow the cheese to set just a bit and make it easier to serve. 😉
Good served with even more spinach underneath individual servings or with a side of broccoli.
(Updated 1/30/17: Added pictures for each step and changed featured image.)
Until next time, God bless,