I had a sweet young mama call me this week and I was honored to share with her. One of the things I shared was some ideas on how to get things done with a little one under foot.
- Make edible play dough and put the child in a highchair to play with it while you work in the kitchen.
Here are some ideas for edible play dough:
Ten Easy Edible Play Doughs for Babies and Toddlers
Here’s one lady’s experiment with her kids.
Here’s one that’s not so tasty, but still not toxic.
Fifteen links to different easy edible play doughs
- Cover the highchair tray with foil and give him/her some pudding to finger paint with on the foil. Once again it is edible, so no worries about it going in the mouth. Show your child how to finger paint with it.
- Take some toys and put them away in a bin. Only pull these out at certain times of the day or week–this makes them fresh and new to play with.
It is a good idea have some things you do at different points of the day; here are some ideas to get you started.
- Bible story and talk about Jesus time
- Cuddle time reading books
- Music/Dance time
- Outside Play/Nature Time
- Blocks, play dough, finger paint, or coloring time
I also want to remind you of a couple of posts I’ve done in the past because there are two important things to keep in mind:
I hope these ideas are helpful and/or encouraging to you.
Until next time, God bless,