I shared Inktober Day 1 with you last week. At the time that I am writing this post I have not yet done Day 8. Since we have conference this week and we are volunteering, I’m not sure I’m going to get each day’s tangling done on that day (although I have so far) and this post has priority over my tangling. So I’ll share day 8 next week.
I have been sharing my work each day on my Instagram account (links at the bottom of each post) but scanned them to include here today.
For two years in a row I requested, and received, the Tangle*A*Day calendar by Carole Ohl. Last year when I decided to do Inktober I pulled out the one for 2015 and tangled in October for Inktober. This year I flipped through to see if I could find a month with 31 days that was both empty and the days happened to be on the right date. I was surprised to see that December started on a Tuesday. So I’m tangling Inktober there; I didn’t think I wanted to have 31 tiles to deal with. You may remember that I tangled Festina Lente in a sketchbook that is about 6″ square, one page for a week of tangles; I considered doing this again but liked the idea of using the calendar space better.
- Everything is Art Prompt: Tunnel Vizion
- Tangle All Around (fb): Line Dance
- Official Inktober: Mindless
- Everything is Art Prompt: Toodles
- Tangle All Around (fb): Worm Hole Spiral
- Pattern-Collections.com: Lada
- Official Inktober: Bait
- DoodlewashOctober2019: Fish
I think the Toodles look kind of like fish with the worm hole spiral being the bait on day 3. All but Toodles were new to me and I have only used that one a couple of times. It was fun learning to draw these.
- Everything is Art Prompt: Zonked
- Tangle All Around (fb): Snow Flower
- Pattern-Collections.com: Paradox
- Official Inktober: Freeze
- DoodlewashOctober2019: Ice
- Everything is Art Prompt: Jalousie
- Tangle All Around (fb): Pezino
- Pattern-Collections.com: Bud Head 1
- Official Inktober: Build
- DoodlewashOctober2019: Barn
- Everything is Art Prompt: Flukes
- Tangle All Around (fb): Kuba
- Pattern-Collections.com: Ur-Chen
I’ve always liked tangling inside the day’s numeral, but usually more like I did on day 2. However, I think I like how days 4 and 5 turned out.
- Everything is Art Prompt: Huggins
- Tangle All Around (fb): King’s Crown
- Official Inktober: Enchanted
- DoodlewashOctober2019: Apple
I considered blackening in all of King’s Crown or just leaving all open but I really like the contrast with some blackened. I decided I needed to straighten up some lines and it grew into blackening some of it in.
Well, that’s it for today. I’m enjoying my daily tangling and hope I manage to get today’s done this this evening but it’ll be okay if it doesn’t get done. I’ll catch up this weekend.
Until next time, happy inking,