Alice provided us with about five strings including a zenbutton template. I drew them all out but only got two done. But hey, I got two done this week, instead of my usual one tile. She said to use any of the tangles we have already covered or any we want to include. I stuck with ones we’ve done so far in the 8 weeks of this project.
I did intend to try my hand at a zenbutton but the week got away from me before I got around to doing it. So, maybe I’ll do that in a future week. I currently have three webpages open in my browser with fragments and reticula to use on one.
I’m looking forward to putting my new routine into practice this week. I’ve glance at the tangles for week nine but have since forgotten them. I’ll get organized later today and do a step-out for one new-to-me tangle.
Any way, here is a scan of the first tile I did. I used Nipa, Echoism, Florz, and Cubine.
As you can see, I carried Nipa and Florz over into a second section of the string and opted to leave four sections empty. I didn’t want it to get too busy. Here is the picture in beautiful sunshine. (It’s nice to have sunshine again.)
The borders on this one were really different. I liked it. Then the string was loopy, which I also liked.I know it isn’t exactly Xircus and there is probably a tangle that it is more like but Xircus is what inspired me. I don’t think it is important to have a specific name to each piece of my tile.
Here are the finished tiles, first the scans and then the ones taken outside in the sunshine . . . I’m so thankful for shading.