Stamping and Embossing

My friend Stephanie was here last week. She has been making cards for years and they are quite lovely. I think she started with stamping.

I’ve had a number of stamps for years but have never been very successful using them. They usually end up with light bits or the edges of the stamps showing on the finished piece. :( So, I asked Stephanie to help me.

One of the things I learned was to use a thick piece of foam under the paper I want to stamp on. This helps with the light spots. I’m not completely clear on why it helps but it certainly does.

Here are some of my practice stamps.

With the trees, she was teaching me about 2nd generation stamping and beyond to push things into the distance.

Then she taught me to use the embosser I got last year. Turns out I got a really good one for an incredible deal. All the embossing powders I got were glittery. :) I had been in a glitzy mood for quite some time.

I started with the black glittery powder on this fence stamp.

As you can see, there was some smudging from my fingerprints on the tile. So, she taught me about the little buddy . . . I didn’t take a picture of it yet, but basically you put baby powder or cornstarch in a baby sock, secure it, and then swipe it over the tile before you stamp the tile with the embossing stuff (the glycerine stamp pad stuff; one brand is VersaMark).

We used my adorable mouse stamp with the white glitter embossing powder next.

I know it is hard to see. Here’s the stamp.

Steph said I should color it with my grey copics I learned earlier in the week.

It was hard to see. So we moved on to some color and used this ribbons stamp. It’s smaller than the mouse. I love the colors though!

I have no idea what I’ll do on the rest of that tile though. I’m sure I’ll be afraid to mess it up. :D

Then we tried something new to Steph too. We used the embossing pad (not the right term probably) and the bonding powder. Then heated it up and then used brushed on old eye shadow and used a tissue to wipe away the loose bits/parts not on the bonding powder. Pretty cool use for those old eye shadows. :)

It definitely shows up better on the black tile than the white one but it is definitely something I’ll play around with more in the future.

We also played with my distress stains and magicals but I’ll share that next week. If you’re interested in more details of any of this, just comment and I’ll get a tutorial done. ;)

I hope you have a great week and explore some new materials.

Until next time, God bless,

Michele ºÜº

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Afiseaza emoticoanele Locco.Ro