Nice soft, sweet snickerdoodle cookie! Gluten-free and sugar free too!
So on the Ketogenics diet you have very low carbs, high protein, and high fat. This means no sugar. Well, that doesn’t go over very well for this family, so we searched out some sweets. I already shared the avocado pudding/mousse. It is good but I wanted something with a little toothiness to it.
Because these are made with almond flour and no wheat, they are gluten free. Don’t be confused though, they are not low calorie.
Preheat the oven to 350º. Combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 7 drops liquid stevia
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in medium size bowl
- Combine coconut oil, sugar free maple syrup, vanilla, and liquid stevia in another bowl.
- Mix the two together until a dough is formed
- Combine cinnamon and erithitol in another bowl
- Roll dough into balls and then into the cinnamon "sugar" mixture and place them on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat
- Spray the bottom of a glass or measuring cup with oil and squash the ball a bit.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, remove, cool, and eat!
We got this recipe from ruled.me, which is a wonderful resource for keto (and gluten free) recipes. He has a recipe for the sugar free maple syrup over there too, if you don’t have any store-bought available to you or just want to make it yourself.
Until next time, God bless,