Nice mix of veggies, sausage, and egg without any one ingredient being overbearing.
Last week I was hungry for a breakfast burrito and was so glad that I still had a Joseph’s Lavash left in the refrigerator. Half of one lavash is allowable once in a while on Trim Healthy Mama in an S meal. So I cut a lavash in half and Tiffany got half and I got half.
Dice up one large mushroom and either one some tomato and add them as well. Season with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast, if desired. (The salt helps to draw out the moisture and cook the veggies.)
Slightly beat two to four eggs. The first time I made this I only used two eggs because we didn’t want egg to over power the taste but even though I wrote looked at what I’d written down previously, I did four eggs before I realized it. 😯 Not to worry though, we were still on plan, the egg did not over power the taste, and we had a lighter lunch.
When the egg is nearly cooked through, add two wedges of light laughing cow cheese. You could use the pepperjack version if you want it spicy.
- 2-4 ounces sausage
- 1 Roma tomato, about 7 grape tomatoes, or a couple of slices of larger tomato
- 1 mini pepper
- 1 small to medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 large mushroom, diced or sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 wedges of Light Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 Joseph's Lavash cut in half
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Nutritional yeast, as desired (optional)
- Brown the sausage and add the vegetables and cook to desired doneness.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast (optional)
- Add beaten eggs and stir as they cook.
- Add the cheese wedges and blend with cooked sausage, veggies, and eggs.
- Place half the filling in a lavash half, roll up, and eat.
- (If you put the filling in the lavash over the length of the lavash, you may need to cut it in half to eat it properly. 😉 )
I hope you enjoy this yummy breakfast with hidden veggies.
Until next time, God bless,
Michele ºÜºBe the first to like this page . . . click the heart.