I love pasta salad. I feared that following keto and now Trim Healthy Mama that I would never be able to really enjoy it again. My favorite pasta salads use Miracle Whip and that is not on either plan. I don’t like regular mayonnaise and I really don’t want to add another thing to make from scratch. See my dilemma?
Well, I found that I love the THM trimmy thousand island dressing . . . seriously, love it! I had some brown rice and quinoa pasta one day and decided to add a little of it to that pasta. Game Changer!!!!
So today I bring you one of my quick and easy variations on this pasta salad. It’s simple . . . boil the pasta. While it boils, prepare your veggies. Today I used one radish sliced thinly, some diced green pepper, and some cherry tomatoes, with a tiny bit of finely diced onion.
- Quinoa and Brown Rice pasta, cooked and drained
- radish, sliced thinly
- couple tablespoons of diced green pepper
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, cut
- about tablespoon finely diced onion
- 2 heaping soup spoonfuls of trimmy thousand island dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 8 turkey pepperoni slices, quartered (optional)
- Combine all and enjoy.
Until next time, God bless,