I’m sure you are talking with your children about proper hygiene right now. Maybe it is time for the homeschooler to do a basic/generic health study.
- Find out why hot water is needed for proper cleaning of the hands.
- Run a stop watch while they sing which ever hand washing song they choose, to know how long is long enough to wash the hands.
- Find out why you shouldn’t touch your face.
- Why should you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze? Why not use your hand to do so?
- Research what boosts your immune system and what foods have those nutrients.
Here’s an interesting article on the value of fresh air and sunshine from the experience of the flue in 1918.
Here is an interesting compilation of links for all kinds of things to do, from virtual field trips to youtube channels to zoo cams to art to stories. This is really a great list of suggestions/links.
I hope these ideas and links are helpful to you.
Until next time, God bless,