This is a cheesey, low-carb, complete meal in one pan, and is quick to throw together but should have some time to bake.
This week’s recipe is so quick and easy that I forget that it needs to go into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Yes! 40 minutes. However, when I forget that one little thing and need it to be done sooner, I just finish it off on the stove, which is what I did when I made it the other day and took pictures to share with you today.
Brown your ground meat with the diced onions, celery, and mushrooms. Once again I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. Since I’m on keto diet, I add a little coconut oil to up my fat content a little.
Now, I made the mistake of just dumping in the drained canned mushrooms. I knew better when immediately after doing it but it was too late. My kids, even though they are grown, do not like big pieces of sliced mushrooms-I should have diced them too.
If you are following a low-fat diet, then drain your meat. If not, drain off whatever is excessive to you. As I mentioned already, I added a bit of coconut oil to mine since I’m following a keto diet.
Add in the remaining ingredients and combine.
It is at this point that you put it in the oven to bake until it’s nice and bubbly. SO, if you put it in a 2-2.5 quart greased casserole dish, it will take about 40 minutes. WHEN I remember to allow enough time to bake it, I prep it in my cast iron skillet and just put the skillet into the oven. My skillet has more surface area than my 2.5 quart casserole dish, so it takes a little less time for it to bake and get all bubbly.
However, as I mentioned earlier, when I forget to allow enough time to bake it, I simply lower the heat on my burner, put a lid on the skillet, and cook until it is bubbly.
- 1 pound ground meat
- 2 14-ounce cans French cut green beans, well-drained
- 4 ounce can mushrooms, diced
- 1 small onion, diced (about 2.5 ounces)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown the meat with the onion, celery, and mushrooms. (Drain the fat if desired.)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to a 2-2.5 quart greased casserole dish, if not using an oven safe skillet.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Original recipe said it serves 6. This serves the 4 of us adults with a little left over.
I got this recipe from the awesome website www.genaw.com when I was on phase 3 of the hCg diet.
I hope you like this one.
Until next time, God bless,