Quick to prep, easy, and delicious slow-cooked chicken wings.
I had been watching some keto recipes on youtube, not too long ago where a couple of the vloggers talked about this easy recipe for chicken wings and said they were delicious. I’m not much of a wing fan but easy and delicious sounded good to me. So I bought a bag of wings to give it a try.
A four pound bag of chicken wings were about $8.99 at our local Aldi. Since I hadn’t bought wings before, I didn’t think that was a very good price until I checked them at another store or two. I decided it was an okay price after all.
Michael, Tiffany, and I can eat a four pound bag easily. When Sean is eating them with us for a dinner, I make two bags but have some leftover for another time. Of course, if we had anything else with them them, one bag would probably be enough but I didn’t feel like making a salad and the kids don’t generally feel like eating a salad.
I like to thaw the wings first but you can just cook them a bit longer if you are cooking from frozen.
Begin by covering a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or I guess parchment paper would work if you are opposed to foil.
Spread the wings out in a single layer on the sheet. Place a thin slice of cold butter on each wing. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.This was a picture from the first time I made them seasoned this way and I used some jarred minced garlic, which got a bit dark having been roasted for so long. So the next time I made them I just sprinkled them with a little garlic powder and onion powder, which tasted just as good.
Put them in the oven on 250º. Yes that is right, 250º. Slow cook them for about 2 hours. Then crank up the heat to 350º-400º depending on how impatient you are to eat. This takes around 20 minutes or so. You want them to be browned and for a lot of the liquid in the pan to be evaporated.
Sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese before eating. I think the next time I make them, I make sprinkle them as soon as I remove them from the oven or even pop it back in for a minute or two to melt that lovely cheese.
- 1/2-3/4 stick of butter
- 4 pound bag of chicken wings (preferably thawed)
- salt, pepper
- onion powder (optional)
- garlic powder or about 1-2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- Cover a rimmed baking/cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread wings on pan in a single layer.
- Put a small slice of butter on each wing.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder (if desired).
- Bake at 250º for about 2 hours.
- Increase heat to 350º-400º and bake for another 20 minutes or so, until they are nicely browned, and most of the pan liquids are evaporated (unless you use too much butter like I did the first time, as in the picture)
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese (or shaker Parmesan, if you prefer).
I hope you enjoy these too. I’ll be sharing another wing recipe in the next few weeks that is even easier.
Until next time, God bless,