Quick to prep, easy, and delicious slow-cooked chicken wings.
I had been watching some keto recipes on youtube, not too long ago where a couple of the vloggers talked about this easy recipe for chicken wings and said they were delicious. I’m not much of a wing fan but easy and delicious sounded good to me. So I bought a bag of wings to give it a try.
A four pound bag of chicken wings were about $8.99 at our local Aldi. Since I hadn’t bought wings before, I didn’t think that was a very good price until I checked them at another store or two. I decided it was an okay price after all.
Michael, Tiffany, and I can eat a four pound bag easily. When Sean is eating them with us for a dinner, I make two bags but have some leftover for another time. Of course, if we had anything else with them them, one bag would probably be enough but I didn’t feel like making a salad and the kids don’t generally feel like eating a salad.
I like to thaw the wings first but you can just cook them a bit longer if you are cooking from frozen.
Begin by covering a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or I guess parchment paper would work if you are opposed to foil.
Spread the wings out in a single layer on the sheet. Place a thin slice of cold butter on each wing. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.This was a picture from the first time I made them seasoned this way and I used some jarred minced garlic, which got a bit dark having been roasted for so long. So the next time I made them I just sprinkled them with a little garlic powder and onion powder, which tasted just as good.
Put them in the oven on 250º. Yes that is right, 250º. Slow cook them for about 2 hours. Then crank up the heat to 350º-400º depending on how impatient you are to eat. This takes around 20 minutes or so. You want them to be browned and for a lot of the liquid in the pan to be evaporated.
Sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese before eating. I think the next time I make them, I make sprinkle them as soon as I remove them from the oven or even pop it back in for a minute or two to melt that lovely cheese.
- 1/2-3/4 stick of butter
- 4 pound bag of chicken wings (preferably thawed)
- salt, pepper
- onion powder (optional)
- garlic powder or about 1-2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- Cover a rimmed baking/cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread wings on pan in a single layer.
- Put a small slice of butter on each wing.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder (if desired).
- Bake at 250º for about 2 hours.
- Increase heat to 350º-400º and bake for another 20 minutes or so, until they are nicely browned, and most of the pan liquids are evaporated (unless you use too much butter like I did the first time, as in the picture)
- Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese (or shaker Parmesan, if you prefer).
I hope you enjoy these too. I’ll be sharing another wing recipe in the next few weeks that is even easier.
Until next time, God bless,
Be the first to like this page . . . click the heart.