I wish I had a cutesy name for this dish but I don’t. You may recall me sharing Eggs and Zucchini before and it is still a favorite, but sometimes I want a little more pizazz from my breakfast, so here is what I came up with.
I finely diced a medium zucchini and put it into a frying pan with a little bit of oil.
I added some finely diced onion and diced mushrooms too. Seasoned with salt and pepper.
When it was nearly as done as I like them, I added about 2 ounces of bulk pork sausage, pinched off in smallish bits.
I scooted it all to the side and added a little more oil (or butter) to the pan and fried one egg.
When the veggies and sausage were done I put them on a plate, added a bit of nutritional yeast, and then topped it all with my fried egg (over easy).
- medium zucchini
- slice of onion
- 2-3 mushroom
- about 2 ounces sausage
- butter or oil
- Dice the veggies and add to a skillet with about a teaspoon or so of oil or butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add sausage to the veggies.
- When nearly done, clear way to fry the egg.
- Serve with the cooked egg on top of the cooked veggies and sausage.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, if desired.
I hope you enjoy this yummy way to eat some veggies for breakfast.
Until next time, God bless,