This week’s Diva Challenge is to use Hollibaugh. I really like hollibaugh but I didn’t want to do a monotangle. Consequently I had to find some tangle to use with it. I had seen a tile someone else did recently that had a different tangle behind hollibaugh. I liked that idea so I began thinking about what tangle I could use.
I finally decided to use Purk. Purk is another tangle I enjoy but using it behind hollibaugh proved challenging.
I started out using wide strands of hollibaugh and realized that I needed smaller strands in order to allow enough open space behind it to draw purk.
Finally I decided that there was too much white space and that I needed to blacken in the background to make it more dramatic. The problem was that if I blackened in the background up to the purk, I would no longer be able to see the outline of purk and it would look odd – like a bunch of ovals hanging out instead of a decorated oval.
I just want to thank Ulrike, Kate, and Annemarie for taking the time to leave comments last week. You are so kind and encouraging.
Thanks also to the three that clicked the like heart.
Here in America, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
Until next time, God bless,