I saw this link to a couple’s journal one day; it has six questions that you answer each week and a devotional “to foster good communication.” I got to thinking about this and I’m considering starting a journal where Michael and I can share thoughts and feelings. It’s also something we can look back over. I remember something like this years ago, like back in 2012 or 2013, and thinking it wasn’t something Michael and I would never do.
I have written Michael letters from time to time to share my feelings about stuff and those were well received. So, what I’m considering is to go buy a nice journal that we can both appreciate, in other words, not too girly, then we will just both write in it as we desire, leaving it on the other’s dresser or bedside table when we’ve added to it. We can use it to say something good, to ask a question, to state my feelings about a subject, or even reminisce.
I got to searching the internet to see if I could find what I had seen years ago, but of course, I have no idea what it was. What I did find was
- this page that shared ten ideas of what to write in a couples journal. There are some really good ones.
- The Dating Divas also have some ideas and of course, a free printable too! Gotta love their creativity.
- This page also has some good suggestions for how to use a couple’s journal
- Although this one is not what I had in mind, it is still a good one. I haven’t read through much of it but if you and your hubby need some help, I think this would be one to look at. It looks like it could be very helpful if you and your hubby needed some counseling but cannot or just prefer not to do go see someone.
- If you are looking for something a bit more structured you could check out this. It has writing prompts in it. I really like the look of it.
Some of these ideas are really good and The Dating Divas also have a gratitude journal printable linked on their page that looks like it could flow well with this idea.
I hope you will pray about whether this is something that could benefit your marriage. (I don’t get anything for sharing any of this.)
Until next time, God bless,
Be the first to like this page . . . click the heart.