Well, here it is, Tuesday and again I don’t have any pictures for a recipe to share today. I thought I’d share the chocolate chip cookie recipe that we use, so we set out to make the cookies.
I don’t purchase desserts at the store, generally speaking. So my kids learned to bake. I told them they could have dessert but I wasn’t making it. I’d just made dinner and thus if they wanted dessert, they’d have to make it. Their go-to desserts have been chocolate chip cookies and the brownies I shared before.
Over the years, we have had flat, super thin cookies and nice full puffy cookies. Both are good but the full puffy ones are nicer. Well, unfortunately, tonight, Tiffany made the flat thin cookies. We still are not sure how this happens except that she didn’t think they were done and baked them longer than the recipe stated.
I have decided to go ahead and share the recipe because it is delicious. I will definitely change out the picture the next time we make these cookies.
Combine Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla.
Add egg and combine. Add dry ingredients and blend.
Add in chocolate chips and nuts if desired. (Mike doesn’t really care for the chocolate chips in his, so we take out a few cookies worth for him before we add them. (I know, that’s just weird!)
Then spoon out onto cookie sheet. We use a cookie dropper to make the process go quickly.
Please follow the directions and only bake them 8-10 minutes. They will be moist! I believe this is the reason we had flat cookies.
- 3/4 cup butter flavor Crisco
- 1¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1½ cups in not using nuts)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 370º
- Combine Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Beat egg into creamed mixture
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture, just until blended
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons, 3 inches apart onto UNGREASED cookie sheet
- Bake one sheet at a time for 8-10 minutes (COOKIES WILL APPEAR MOIST. DON'T OVERBAKE)
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet
- Place on foil on countertop to finish cooling and firm up.
This recipe is from Crisco Butter Sticks package and are called Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Until next time, God bless,