The combination of chicken, turkey sausage, mushroom, cauliflower and cheeses is like chicken and dressing without those carbs.
This is yet another wonderful recipe from Linda’s Low Carb Menus and Recipes. I don’t know why I don’t make this more often. We really like it and it is tasty. It tastes almost like chicken and dressing, at least when I make it with turkey sausage; I don’t think I’ve ever made it with pork sausage.
It is another of the recipes that I found when I did the hCg diet and was on phase 3. However when I was watching calories, I tried making it with less cheese and it just wasn’t creamy enough. But when you include all sixteen ounces of cheese and your cauliflower is nicely cooked, it is just delicious!
So let’s get to it.
Dice the celery and onion. I do it finely, because we do not like chunky crunchy veggies in our casseroles.
Add in the diced mushrooms. We don’t use the entire package, only about four ounces worth because Sean does not care for them. This is also why they are diced into small pieces rather than simply sliced.
When these veggies are well on their way to losing their crunch, I add the sausage to brown.
While that is browning, I steam my cauliflower, unless of course, I have forgotten about it and need it quickly. In which case, I steam it in the microwave. Then give it a course chop. It’s already cooked and has lost it crunch so I don’t have to chop this too finely.
After the sausage is browned, add in the softened cream cheese and blend it in well. Add in the cooked chicken, cheddar, salt, and pepper. Spread into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (1-1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or the meat from a small-3½ pound-rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- ¼-½ pound mushrooms, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces cauliflower, steamed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sauté onions, celery, and mushrooms, lightly salted
- Add sausage and brown.
- Stir in softened cream cheese, until well blended
- Add coarsely chopped cooked cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350º about 40 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and top slightly browned.
I hope you enjoy this.
Until next time, God bless,
Michele ºÜºBe the first to like this page . . . click the heart.