After Christmas I tried out the Lindy’s Magicals on a artist tile. I wasn’t real pleased with the outcome but put it in my stash of tiles after it dried. And there it has sat for about 6 or 7 months. Clearly there is a learning curve with these and I have not yet taken the time to play with them any more yet.
Since the Zen-Untangled project is over, I haven’t decided to keep playing along with the Tangles All Around facebook group. Honestly, I needed the break and I don’t like that I cannot share my blog page link when I share a tile there.
Any way, I was upset one evening and didn’t feel like playing a game, so I got that tile out and decided to tangle on it. Since I wasn’t in the best mood, I didn’t care how it turned out, so it was safe to use that tile.
In the largest section I went with Marasu. I didn’t want to think too much and that one is pretty easy. Then I’d made friends with Twing and so decided to add it as well. Indy-Relly is another one that isn’t complicated and so I added it but didn’t like it when I was finished; we haven’t become friends yet. Finally I added Tidal because it is easy.
So here is my tile before shading, both the scan and the picture taken outside on an overcast day.
You cannot see the sparkles very well in the scan or pictures, for that matter, but it is there.
The orange and the blueish sections are the most sparkly.
I used my prismacolor pencils and attempted some shading. I’m not very good with color shading yet, so this is definitely a practice piece any way you look at it.
Here is the scan of the tile after shading.
I probably should have put some kind of highlight on Tidal to make it look a bit less bland.
Here it the picture I took outside in natural, but overcast, light.
In this one you can see the sparkles a bit more.
Well that is all for me today. I hope you take some time to play with some kind of art this week. It really is good for you.
Until next time, God bless,