The first thing you need to do is cut your chicken into thinish slabs or pound it thin. I don’t like to pound my chicken breast. I prefer to use a sharp knife and slice it horizontally and then into single size pieces. The chicken breasts I get are about a pound each! So I cut it into at least 4 pieces: in half horizontally and in half vertically. The thinner you cut them the quicker they cook.
This next picture is really poor quality but it is the best one I had to show the breading station. Put about 1/2 cup flour in one flat container. One beaten egg and about quarter cup of milk in the second flat container. And then about a cup to a cup and a half of Italian bread crumbs in the last flat container.
Also put on a pot of water and bring it to a boil, to cook your noodles.
Now, place your piece of chicken in the flour and coat all sides. Then shake it slightly to let excess flour fall back into bowl. This will act as glue to hold on the breadcrumbs.
Continue this process until you have all your chicken breaded and placed in the skillet. Turn them over when the first side is golden brown. You should start to see the edges getting done and may see some juices forming on the top. Keep an eye on the heat of your burner, turning it down if it is browning too quickly.
Remove them from the oil to a baking sheet. Spread some of your favorite tomato sauce on top. If I am feeling energetic, I’ll make some of my pizza sauce but otherwise we like Del Monte’s traditional sauce in the tall can.
Shred some Parmesan cheese and sprinkle it on top of each piece.
This particular night I added some Provolone cheese as well.
Meanwhile make sure your pasta is about finished and heat up the remainder of the sauce because you will probably want it on your noodles too.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into flat 4 ounce servings
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- 1-2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- several tablespoons oil of your choice, we used coconut or olive oil
- tall can Del Monte traditional spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese, about 1/2 grated finely OR cheese of your choice (but it is called Parmesan chicken. 😉 )
- Wide Egg Noodles, about 8 ounce package cooked according to package directions
- Combine your egg and milk in one flat container. Place flour in another flat container and breadcrumbs in another.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place in skillet with hot oil.
- Fry for a few minutes, until golden brown and then flip and cook on the second side.
- Remove from oil and place on baking sheet.
- Spread a couple tablespoons of sauce on top of each piece.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of sauce on each piece.
- Place under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Serve on cooked egg noodles, with butter or more sauce, as desired.
I hope you enjoy it!
Until next time, God bless,