One of these days I may actually get these posts prepared ahead of time but that day is not today. Thankfully, Tiffany decided that she wanted to make these muffins and I, of course, encouraged her to do them right away rather than wait and she complied.
So, I bring you Blueberry Streusel Muffins for your breakfast or dessert pleasure.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in one bowl and add alternately with milk.
Fold in the blueberries.
In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients.
Grease muffin tins or line with muffin papers. Fill each cup 1/2 full with batter, sprinkle with some streusel, more batter, and the last of the streusel.
Bake at 375º for 25-45 minutes depending on the size of the muffin tins. This time Tiffany used one six-muffin regular tin and one six-muffin large tin. The small one is done before the large one.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- In mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add egg and mix well
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, alternately with milk.
- Stir in vanilla
- Fold in blueberries.
- Grease muffin tins or fill with liners.
- Fill muffin tins half full.
- Sprinkle some of the streusel in each muffin tin.
- Fill each muffin tin with more batter followed by the last of the streusel.
- Bake at 375º for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Until next time, God bless,