Today’s recipe is a healthy-ish recipe. It has no flour so it is gluten-free. Tiffany usually makes this for us. It is good to have when we want something fudgey chocolatey.
Drain and rinse the black beans.
I have to preface this with the fact that our food processor is dead. So when Tiffany made this the last time she used a potato masher to mash the black beans. If you have a food processor or such, use that instead, so that your beans are completely mashed.
Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
Bake at 350º for 15-18 minutes.
I will now apologize for the last picture and lack of single serving pictures. Sean was my photographer and Tiffany the baker. The problem arose because the brownies must cool on a wire rack (in the pan) for 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Something happened and my photographer got caught up in eating his brownie and forgot to take a picture. I did not know this until I was putting this post together or I would’ve taken a picture because we had three brownies leftover and it would have been an easy thing to do. But alas, I sent the brownies to work with him before I knew of this situation. Sooooo, once again, I will have to add good pictures of the finished product next time we make them.
We got this wonderful recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie. She has some delicious looking final pictures and some other wonderful looking desserts.
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats (or old fashioned pulsed in the food processor)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (can omit this and increase syrup to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease 8x8 baking pan
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips in food processor and blend until completely smooth. As you can tell by our pictures, ours isn't smooth because of the broken food processor. 😉
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spread into 8x8 greased pan
- Bake 15-18 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes before trying to cut them
Until next time, God bless,