I know this picture doesn’t look all that wonderful but let me tell you, this is really pretty good, for a green food. I had tried asparagus only one time in the distant past. We had been invited to dinner and our sweet hostess served canned asparagus with hollandaise. I have to admit that I did not like it at all. But since we’ve been trying to incorporate more veggies into our menu and it was on sale, we decided to give it a try.
Of course, we couldn’t eat it just any way. So what better way than roasted with butter and Parmesan cheese.
The first step is to hold a piece of asparagus in one hand and bend the other end until it snaps off.
Toss the bottom parts and put the tops in a skillet with a drizzle of oil and about one tablespoon of butter. Saute about ten minutes or so, until it starts to get limp and turns to a bright green color.
Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, add about three tablespoons of butter, about 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper as desired.
Bake at 375º for about 15-20 minutes or more, until they are completely cooked through.
- 2 bunches asparagus
- drizzle olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper as desired
- Rinse asparagus, to ensure it is clean.
- Snap off hard bottoms.
- Saute in skillet drizzled with olive oil and about a tablespoon butter until softened About 10 minutes or so.
- When bright green, transfer to rimmed baking sheet.
- Add a couple tablespoons butter and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375º for about 15 minutes or so until desired doneness is reached.
- The thicker the asparagus the longer it takes to cook.
Until next time, God bless,